Saturday 5 April 2014

Cavani can NOW be the MAN for PSG....and I Support THAT







I support Cavani. Seeing him shine at the World Cup and being the MAN for Napoli, when Lavezzi left, just made me a fan. He is one of those strikers that can hit you in so many ways. Outside of the box curlers, headers, amazing drives, scrappy goals....make him an all-round devastating weapon. And with Ibra injured, I for one will LOVE to see Cavani take center stage.







Ibrahimovic disappointed me in that Chelsea game, as I am still not sure whether he was even playing in that game. But with Cavani, who was played out of position, came close to scoring and just seemed more involved in the game than Ibra.

Edinson is a player that will be needed for Uruguay in the World Cup. The Cannibal is of course the star, but very few can do it all on their own. Cavani is a key component whose unorthodox style makes him a very hard man to mark, because just like Ibra, he is very unpredictable in how he can punish you. I just hope that Laurent Blanc can see some sense in making him the main striker that others can feed and build themselves around. He CAN cause Chelsea problems in the second leg, but will need to be the focal point of the attack and allowed that freedom to impose his will on the game.







PSG was not the right move for him. I think under Ancelotti, at Madrid would have been great and I think he would have really fed off the Italian approach that Ancelotti has. Blanc, unfortunately does not appreciate the talent he has, and places too much importance on Ibra who just never rises to the occasion when he's needed. But now, Cavani can show Blanc what he's about and perhaps place an argument as to why he is a better option as the main striking weapon over Ibrahimovic.



HH