Thursday 31 July 2014

Are Roma actually Ready to Win the Title?

Conte left + Allegri comes + Allegri sucks - Vidal + Napoli's Squad is too small= Roma Win title

That's the belief. Roma pushed Juventus and went head-to-head with them during the first half of the season. So it would make "sense" that Roma are the favourites to win if we go by the above equation.




Experience.

I hate that word and it gets used WAAAAY too much. But in this case, you can't ignore it. The Roma players don't really know what it is like to win a title. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Totti may have been in the Roma squad that won the league all those years ago. Apart from him, these players don't know what it means and takes to win a Scudetto title.

Juventus, on the other hand, are VERY experienced in winning the league. They know how to win big and small, and most importantly they know how to grind out games which Roma failed to do. You cannot dismiss the importance of having the tool to slug out a thirty-eight game season.

Cashley Cole is an excellent buy and his experience of winning leagues AS WELL as being one of the best players in his position will do Roma good. But I refuse to champion Roma until they can give me a striker. Without that position filled, I have to roll with either Juventus or maybe some other team going on a big run that nobody saw.

People should not just jump with the craze that the title is Roma's. I understand the equation and I get that Allegri SUCKS. But those Juve players will not just bend over and give up their title. The worst thing for Roma to do is read too much into Conte leaving and assuming that Juventus will just crumble. Roma still have to go out and turn all those draws into wins.


http://www.havehopefootballhut.com/the-hut-forum.html

HH




Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device