Tuesday 23 December 2014

Xavi FINALLY gives props to Lahm for Ballon D'Or



People will have their views and opinions on the Ballon D'Or list (which IS laughable by the way), but the scariest thing is how one of THE best performers of the year doesn't even get a mention. So it is actually quite refreshing that a footballer (where most of them are thick sheep) can come out and mention Bart Simpson on the list.





I will overlook Xavi picking Messi and Mascherano as that is just plain bare ass bias. Because Messi DID NOT have a good year, and decided to take a vacation for the two most important matches in world football.

Mascherano did not have a great league season, but I will hold my hands up and say he had an EXCELLENT World Cup, and played more like the captain THROUGHOUT the tournament and if it were not for him, Holland would be playing Germany in the World Cup final. I am not sure whether his ass actually fully recovered after that stretch.

But this is throughout the year, and none of these players should really be on that shortlist. And why a certain Dutchman has NEVER be in the final three is a travesty that shows what a disgrace the world of football is today.

But I digress my children....


Lahm had a GREAT year.

How many right backs can play in defensive midfield as effortlessly as he did? How many right backs at the World Cup had as many touches and were involved in as many attacks as the Lahm of Power?

For Xavi to mention Lahm in the final three shows that game recognizes game. For those not akin to the American term; quality players recognize quality players. Xavi UNDERSTANDS why Lahm is such an excellent footballer because Xavi himself employs the similar sort of football brain that the German has. Not everyone has it, but the media will try to perpetuate the lies and the nonsense and shove it down our throats.

The thing that makes me shudder is when Lahm's name is even mentioned, people act surprised and wonder why he should be on there. THAT is a great acid test. Anyone who disagrees with Lahm being in the top three for this year shows they don't understand football and have most likely never played the sport. Because if you appreciate the sport of football, you have to love the way in which Bart Simpson plays the game. You just have to get it, it's an instant reaction. Whenever I see him on the ball and his control of it, I just know straight away that if I was on the same pitch as him I would be like "DAMN, that guy's good player."



That is what I believe the football hut is about. I love football IN AND OF ITSELF. All the stuff around it, the flash and razzmatazz does nothing for me. Because I have been playing this sport since I was about six years old and I have a very close affinity to the technicalities of it. So when I see Robben or Lahm, I will SCREAM AND SHOUT and point everyone to their direction and say THIS IS HOW FOOTBALL SHOULD BE PLAYED, AND THESE GUYS ARE THE BENCHMARKS OF EXCELLENCE.

Oh, and Xavi also made the very little point that in a World Cup year, those that should take precedence are the people who performed well AT the World Cup. Because I've been trying to say for so long, nobody cares about the Champions League...because the World Cup is now probably the most watched sporting event on the planet. As my man Khadim rightly said, people will keep on looking at the matches and history of World Cups that have gone by and reminisce. Nobody could give two cracks about some semi-final in the 2002 Champions League. So I think that shows just how important the great tournament is...like y'all didn't already know that.

But I shall keep harping on about Lahm and keep trying to educate guys and it's great that Xavi mentions him, and brings light to quality footballers and not the fakes or the imposters that are forced upon us and are excelled by the might of the "football" websites and newspapers.

#KNOWTRUEFOOTBALL

Leave Thoughts in the Forum!!


HH