Sunday 15 June 2014

Africa have Lift-Off as Ivory Coast COME BACK to beat a Very Organised Japan

Well, it was looking as if the STARS of Ivory Coast were going to fail again. With that AMAZING support, I was setting myself up for yet another disappointing display. But, Ivory kept on plugging through...and the guy I thought was too old (and who some dudes on the street mistook me for) came off the bench and rose the spirits of the team and THEY GOT IT DONE.

Bony is playing at his first World Cup and nerves and just over eagerness may have been at play with his misses in the first half. But while other strikers would crumble and cry in a corner, Bony kept on going and kept believing in himself. Eventually, he kept making those runs and all good strikers take their chance when it is planted for them. Bony put it away, and I loved how he took the ball up. No celebration on his first World Cup goal, but the determination to WIN the game. I don't have time for any draws up in here!


And Drogba came and he added bite to the Ivorian attack. Gave them belief and a rejuvenated Roman Gervinho got his head in again, and put the final blow to Japan. Comeback was complete and Ivory Coast now look like they are ready to carry the beacon for Africa...but my lord are there things to work on.

Defensively, Ivory Coast were there for Japan to take. If they had been as adventurous as they were against Italy back at the Confederations Cup, then Japan would not have lost. Honda showed that he can be a LETHAL striker at this cup, but needs the supply and the support upfront.

If Ivory want to get really far, they MUST defend better and they MUST take the chances that it looks like they will create. And my goodness, Yaya Toure, as Africa's best footballer, must get his act together and DOMINATE like he does with ease for Man City. I can't understand how he is some sleeping passenger when putting on the jersey of his country.

But they have the three points. Africa is off the mark and I am sick and tired of African teams FLOPPING. Time to RISE UP! And Japan....ATTACK more!

http://www.havehopefootballhut.com/the-hut-forum.html


HH



Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device