Monday 1 February 2016

Manchester United NEED Players before Midnight Deadline, Or Else...




I have no idea what United are playing at. I expected at least three or four names to already be in Manchester, signing contracts. Until now, I've heard nothing and the deadline for this window is about to shut.

So....what exactly have United been doing?

My prediction for the top four depended upon them getting players this window. If they got a really good winger, another striker, then I would say they'd squeeze into the top four ahead of Tottenham. And I mean just about. So it would be decided probably on the last day of the season.






But if United are going to go in with the same squad who couldn't even get past the group stage of the Champions League and have been hot and cold this whole season, then I'll have to keep my chips and reconsider placing a bet on them finishing in the top four. The team as it is, are going to continue to struggle and I don't see them going on any winning run. The amount of pressure being put on Martial is too much and if he starts to get burned out, then who do United turn to? Rooney? Mata?

I'm hearing that Woodward doesn't trust Van Gaal with the money, and there's a bit of disagreement behind the scenes at Old Trafford. That's all nice, but the matter at hand is getting in the top four. If United were to miss out on that, it would be yet another major step back. The whole point of just about making it last season was to build on that and solidify that position. Even with Leicester having the great season they've had, that is only relative to how they have performed before. United have been well below expectations, and should really be near the top of a table that has seen the fewest number of points in the last three seasons.






Midnight is yet to come, and United better get on their spaceship. If that deadline comes and I hear no new names have entered Old Trafford, then the fans have to brace themselves for a very tumultuous season. Who knows, juju may be with them again and they might make the Champions League cut, but I wouldn't put one kobo on that happening.

Comment below using your Facebook or Twitter Account to Log Into Disqus. 

 HH