Thursday 28 January 2016

Brick Van Persie to...Chelsea??? Eh?!




Haha....ha...haha...hahah. No, I'm not doing a Joker impression. That is my reaction to this headline. Robin Van Persie. The same flying Dutchman who was horrendous for United and firmly established himself as a brick. Once he moved to Turkey, I truly believed his career was over. We would not hear anymore of Van Persie.

Now I hear this. Chelsea, who are trying to buy everyone out there, are in the market for Van Persie. Van Persie?! I didn't know Chelsea were actively trying to get themselves relegated. Isn't the whole point to get someone who knows how to play football and can put the ball in the fishnet? Who in their right mind thinks Van Persie fits that bill?






The only reason I can think that this is even on the cards is because of Hiddink. I'm not sure what the nationality version is of nepotism, maybe countryism? Basically there is some ism in play here because I'm sure Hiddink and Van Persie had a good rapport when he was in charge with Holland. So there's maybe an element in believing he can get the best out of Van Persie based on their relationship and can be the one to share the workload from Costa who has been beasting it so far.

Honestly, I'm done with Van Persie. Anything is possible. Peacocks could start drinking alcohol and singing in the streets, and Van Persie could suddenly be like his Arsenal self. But he won't be. He's done. To stoop so low, it's very hard to rise up again like a phoenix. People need to try and remember how awful he was at the World Cup and for United once Ferguson left. This is someone who really couldn't even shoot on goal and just lumbered around for ninety minutes without really doing anything.

It would be weird seeing him back in the Premiership. I had already resigned to the fact that his career was done, because that's what happens when you move to Turkey. Just look at Sneijder. So for him to now come back wearing blue, it would be really odd. I may be proven wrong and he could go on a goalscoring spree that leads Chelsea in the top four. Mark my words though, it will not happen.

Van Persie is done.






Source: TheSportsCampus.com

Comment below using your Facebook or Twitter Account to Log Into Disqus. 

 HH